This city should be compared to other metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, cities from abroad, or any other mesmerizing place in the world for its rich past and mix of culture.
And they were right! Even today’s Kolkata can evoke Havana Beauty. The city of Joy has a state of luxury and reality. Undoubtedly, time stands still in Kolkata. It does bring back nostalgia while we walk down the lanes. The city has time to spend, be your long-lost lover, charm you, and be in love even when you leave the place. Isn’t this city like the ‘unforgettable’ Ex.
We have listed down things that keep our love alive for this city.
1. College Street: The mecca of book lovers! Each corner of the street has a story to tell.
2. Street foods are love! The lip-smacking food can quench our thirsty souls. We are sure the Puchkas will make you forget the Panipuri and Gol Gappes you ever had in other cities.
3. Because history here is charming. Every street you turn holds something new for everyone.
4. The slow-paced Tram will bring back nostalgia. It is no doubt the cheapest mode of transport. And how can we forget about the Yellow Taxis?
5. Because Chai is an emotion, not just a morning breakfast or a stress-buster. It’s a ritual to sip tea and read the newspaper.
6. Because ‘Calcutta ka charm, hi kuch alag hai, babu’ is slightly different from ‘Kabhi Delhi aao, ghumanege pura’.
Kolkata is more than what we can imagine. I guess every city is. Every state holds its own charm and charisma. But no doubt whenever a movie is made and Kolkata is the focus point, it stands tall and reminds us- Bhul karegi bhi bhool nahi paoge hume!